As we all know, physical activity stimulates the secretion of hormones responsible for a feeling of well-being. They are endorphins. A substance associated with physical pleasure that allows us to feel happiness, joy and even euphoria, also functioning as a natural analgesic, since it reduces the feeling of pain as well as anxiety and stress.
This is why exercise is a means to increase your vitality and your energy since after doing a physical activity or doing something that pleases you a lot like a massage session, the brain produces these natural substances responsible for the sensations of relief, calm and well-being. Therefore, the endorphin level decreases during unpleasant moments such as an argument, a fall or an accident.
From here we invite you to discover your vitality index and thus change or vary everything that prevents you from being a motivated and vital person. And sports will be one of the aspects that will fill your life with energy.
For this, we encourage you to exercise often such as walking or running, two activities that will help you achieve this goal.
If you are starting out in running or going for a long walk every day, we advise you to have this information handy:
- Both running and walking are two good options for doing a good cardiovascular work and training the heart muscle.
- Both options charge and recharge you with vitality and greatly enhance the level of mood. Although there are studies that indicate that intense and sustained activities such as running, provides a feeling of psychological well-being , of euphoria, which walking does not.
- Walking and running promote cerebral blood flow, they help preserve memory, increase intellectual performance and reduce the risk of stroke and Alzheimer’s.
- People who are looking to lose weight, running or walking will help them with this goal. It is true that running consumes more calories than walking. But brisk walking burns roughly the same number of calories per kilometer, even though it takes longer to reach the same distance.
- If what we want is a faster and more effective calorie-burning improvement, the race is our activity. The ideal is to run 2 or 3 times a week between 30 and 60 minutes depending on the level we have and the goal we want to achieve.
- If what we want is to perform a cardiovascular activity and we do not dare to run, walking is also a very beneficial activity that will fill us with vitality.
- Walking allows us to go out every day of the week between half an hour and an hour and a half since at the joint level it is much less aggressive and it will also lead to an increase in the burning of calories and fat that will allow us little by little to feel better and with much more vitality both at the sports level and in our daily life.
- An excellent option is the ” cacos” : combining minutes of walking with minutes of running. You can start running 1 minute and walk 3 minutes. You will progressively increase the running time and decrease the walking time. Thus, you will end up running without realizing it.
- In any of the options you choose, always think that the best decision is to consult an expert who will advise you on the best training plan for you according to your conditions and needs.